How can I fix my Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL without losing my information?

A

AC Question

I have an Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL, that is continually rebooting now; it's been acting very strange all day. This morning it started optimizing the apps for quite a while, then it finally displayed the home screen and seemed to be fine. A little while later, it went through the same thing, & this has recurred numerous times throughout the day. I have not tried to update software or anything out of the ordinary, it went into limbo on it's own. Now, it is only constantly rebooting about once every 2 minutes or so. I finally managed to cut it off. Can I get it back to normal without losing all of my contacts and information?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It might be a problem with the battery, but that would require a trip to the repair shop, since it's not user-removable. Is the phone still under warranty?

This is why you should always save your contacts to your Google account, and not the local Phone account. It's also why you should always regularly sync or back up any important information on your phone. Take advantage of Google's many services (like Google Contacts, Google Photos backup, Google Drive/Keep, etc.) in the future to avoid this kind of misfortune.