I have been using Pixel C for a while, suddenly over the last software update my max volume is greatly lowered... This is frustrating. I love the louder volume as to compared with those ridiculous users complaining about loud volume. (If too loud use a earpiece!)
    07-16-2017 03:58 AM
    I don't work fot Google, so I can't say anything definite, but it's possible that Google realized that too loud a volume does actually damage your hearing (not you personally - everyone), so they lowered the maximum volume.

Take it from someone who's had his hearing damaged from loud noise (not necessarily cellphones) - it's a lot more annoying to have to wear hearing aids (and a good pair can cost upwards of $6,000) that to have to put up with volume that's lower than you'd like. I'd gladly redesign your phone (I've been designing electronics for about 45 years, so that would be like asking Chef Puck to fill a glass with water) in exchange for your hearing. Even though I can still sort of hear without them, I'm just about legally deaf. From just one blast of really loud noise. Listening to music at 125 SPL (less than a jet engine, but I've heard cars, from inside my car, that are putting a higher sound level into my car than that) can totally deafen you in a short time. And putting the phone speaker to your ear when a particularly loud piece of music is playing suddenly make the music (and everything else for the rest of your life) sound very quiet - until the 4KHz whistle comes to your attention - that's permanent and it can sometimes drive you buggy.

Trust me - if you could hear the way I hear, you'd be glad that your only problem is a phone that's a little lower in volume. Imagine if the phone itself was the only part of a cellphone that was totally useless to you. That's annoying.
    07-16-2017 05:46 PM