Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Meaning, if I click multiple links, each link will replace the previous one in a tab. How do I fix this? I did not have this problem before I updated to Nougat. I am using the stock email app and links open in chrome. Also, it is not just one type of email account. It happens with all my gmail and outlook accounts.

Long press does not work in the email app, so please no suggestions related to that.
    07-20-2017 02:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? The email app is probably set to open links within the app (meaning it's using a basic browser function associated with the email app), instead of opening it in Chrome. You can usually tell by looking for the banner at the top that has a back arrow or an X button that will bring you back to the email app.
    07-20-2017 02:57 PM
    And see if there's a setting in the email app to open links in your browser. Some browsers can be set to open new pages in new tabs.
    07-20-2017 03:34 PM
    My phone is a Galaxy s7! The links are already opening in Chrome, the aren't opening in the app. They just only open using the same tab by overriding what was already in the first tab when I clicked the first link. I looked to see if there were any settings that controlled what to do with multiple links (multiple tabs or just one tab) and couldn't find anything. Any other suggestions? Like I said, it worked fine before I updated to 7.0
    07-20-2017 08:10 PM
    I am the OP btw.
    07-20-2017 08:11 PM
    Just to be sure -- can you show us a screenshot of a link that's opening up in Chrome? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    07-20-2017 08:24 PM
    The first link I clicked in an email is the Be the Match. Followed by the Netflix link from a different email. Please note the time and # of tabs open. I did not close any tabs in between clicking on links. Also note that when clicking on the link you provided, it overrode Netflix and opened in tab 6 as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Why do Email links open and replace each other in one tab?-11340.jpg  
    07-20-2017 08:48 PM
    1st link
    Attached Thumbnails Why do Email links open and replace each other in one tab?-11339.jpg  
    07-20-2017 08:49 PM
    Ok, I see. Unfortunately, I can't tell you why that's happening. It might be some subtle change they made in the system update -- not sure if it was intentional or not.

It doesn't matter if you close all of the tabs, right? So if there's only one tab open, and then you click on two separate links, they both still override whatever was on the same tab?

See what happens if you go to the App Manager, select Chrome, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. If that doesn't do anything, try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30240
    07-20-2017 09:02 PM
    Yeah, even if there are no tabs open it does the same thing unfortunately. I wiped the cache for both email and chrome but will try again. Maybe it will fix in the next update if I can't find a solution for now! Thanks for trying to help!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-20-2017 09:38 PM
    Have you also tried using a different browser, like Firefox or Dolphin?
    07-20-2017 11:48 PM
    While it's frustrating, Google Chrome is my main browser for all electronics so I'll just deal with it I guess! Haha, it probably has something to do specifically in interactions with Chrome though, since this problem doesn't exist when using the stock internet browser.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-21-2017 04:06 AM
    It wouldn't hurt to send Google some feedback from within the Chrome settings menu. They probably won't do anything about it, but you never know!
    07-21-2017 11:35 AM
    I will certainly try! You're right, we never know haha thanks!
    07-21-2017 12:12 PM
    Opening Chrome again (which is what clicking on a link in an email does) stays on the same tab. You could try long-pressing the link to see if you can copy it, then go to Chrome, open a new tab and paste the link into the new tab. (It's the way most cellphone versions of browsers work, you can't change it.) (A few open a new tab each time, but people complain about that - if they click 20 links, they get 20 tabs, and each tab eats memory, so eventually the phone slows to a crawl.)
    07-21-2017 12:55 PM
    Before updating to Nougat, it opened the tabs individually per link. It was only after updating that it started opening in the same tab. Also, as previously stated in the OP, long pressing yields no results. I've also discovered that it works in both the stock browser and Chrome Canary, so its apparently something with yhe interaction between the email app and regular Chrome...if anyone can figure that one out, I'd be grateful for a solution! Thank you!
    07-22-2017 04:31 AM
    See if this helps: https://superuser.com/questions/4432...n-i-type-a-url

EDIT: I looked for this myself, and couldn't find it in the flags for the current stable Chrome for Android. There is something called "Switch to an existing tab for New Tab Page suggestions," but that probably doesn't apply to your situation. You could still try tinkering with it, though.
    07-22-2017 11:03 AM