Was watching youtube, then it freezed. I took out the battery and tried to re-boot. Then the Galaxy note 2 logo turned up but it stayed like that. Took out the battery again and again, and re-boot, still had only the logo. Tried the recovery menu option but it still gave me the Galaxy logo only. Tried all button combination, the best I got was the 'download mode'.

When it freezed, my battery was almost 60%. Was able to charge the battery and saw the charging light on. After trying all the buttons, now the phone is not reactive, and no light when charged. The phone's never been rooted. Anyone know what is likely the cause and if my data can be saved when repaired?
    08-14-2017 02:35 PM
    What's likely to cause it is some component on the motherboard going bad - they do (and it's a 5 year old phone - they aren't really made to last that long). Considering that good used ones (on swappa.com) go for under $100, it's probably going to be cheaper to replace it than to repair it (but you face the same problem - the replacement is also 5 years old) - or you can upgrade to a newer phone.
    08-14-2017 02:45 PM
    Just joined up to this forum. I had the same problem with my Note 2. I bought a replacement motherboard from Aliexpress. It was worth a try for $35. It took a month to arrive, turned up in the post last night and I installed it (easy as to do if following an ifixit guide)

I spent more time cleaning out all the dust and crap than I spent actually swapping the board. Reassembled and still not expecting it to work. But it switched on :-) I had to change the languages over from Chinese and then reinstall all my old apps etc... just like getting a new phone! Happily I have saved much money and can continue to use the phone that suits my needs fine!

Well worth doing!

Alex in NZ.
    10-24-2017 03:31 PM