My moto x play's battery is draining fast and phone is heating up at the same time.

A

AC Question

Hi,

from the past 2 days, my phone(Moto x play) is experiencing issues. i kept the phone charged till 100 % in the night and then i unplugged the charger. After 3-4 hours i found the battery has been drained drastically from 100% to 29% on its own without any usage(as it was night time so i kept it aside and didn't use it). Also again i charged it to 50% and in next 30-40 min the battery again drained to 30% without any usage. This time i had kept my mobile data off and was not at all using any phone. Kindly help. Also its been 2 yrs since i bought the phone. Kindly let me know whats wrong with the device. Is it any software issue or hardware issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.