Hi everyone,

I'm posting here today because I don't know where else to talk about it.

I went out today, it was day and my phone was in my backpack the whole time, locked.

Here's the thing: all of a sudden, without touching anything, the background image on my Xiaomi Redmi 4 was changed to a zoomed-in picture of a random man in white standing in front of a black background. The picture was pixellised and obviously cut, with the man's body on the right.

I did not have such a picture on my phone or anywhere (I have a total of 10 pictures of my phone, all of landscapes) and the new picture was not to be found in my wallpapers, in File Explorer or the browser.

I looked that up on the internet thinking it was a hack or something, but I couldn't find anything. I resetted my phone 5 minutes ago because I couldn't find any logical explanation.

TO RECAP: my phone's background picture was changed to a pixellised random man wearing white clothes, on a black background. This picture was not on my phone. I want to believe in a hack but have only Store apps.

Any ideas?
    08-22-2017 07:13 PM
    Some phones have preinstalled pics to be used as wallpapers or screen savers.. Maybe the device had some bug and reverted to one of those?
    If you manually try to set a wallpaper, you may see that pic as an option...
    anon(238680) likes this.
    08-22-2017 10:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central, and you came to the right place! Excellent advice from @Tim1954. You might also take the phone to a carrier store, or maybe Best Buy if you have one, and ask them to look over pics as suggested.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    08-22-2017 10:04 PM