What is this Blue Circle "Man with Head & Shoulders" Upper Right Corner?

A

AC Question

I would like to get rid of this annoying Blue Circle in the upper right corner of my phone. It looks like a man with a head & shoulders, and it appeared on two new Android devices I set up.

When I clicked on it, it showed my contact information in my Contacts.

When I deleted my Contact information, it is still there, and when I click now it says "Contact Doesn't Exist" or something like that.

Very annoying. I would like to remove this.

Also... why would it sit there, just to click to my own contact information?

Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? That represents the user defined as owner in your phone (you). When you tap on that icon you can switch between the different users defined in your (if any). In most phones you can change the avatar in the Contacts app under 'ME'. As far as I know there's no way to remove it from your notification bar on the lock screen or when you expand the status bar.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That represents the user defined as owner in your phone (you).

This sort of thing is where the line between smartphones and computers starts to blur. Like a computer where you can have each person in your family with their own account, a smartphone can have this too. You can make a 'guest' account where, as I recall, certain permissions are restricted. A benefit to this is a second account should not have access to other accounts on the device. Just like a PC.

tinsel5001

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? That represents the user defined as owner in your phone (you). When you tap on that icon you can switch between the different users defined in your (if any). In most phones you can change the avatar in the Contacts app under 'ME'. As far as I know there's no way to remove it from your notification bar on the lock screen or when you expand the status bar.

Hi thanks for your answer. I have a ZTE zMAX Pro from T-Mobile. I'm very frustrated with it I think I am going to start over and do a factory reset I've only had it for 2 days.

I used to have a Galaxy but I'm trying some of the lower-end smartphones. My friend has the ZTE zMAX Pro and he's been really happy with it.

I on the other hand have not been happy with it. First of all this blue icon thing is not even working. whenever I touch it nothing happens... And then it also says contact not listed.

Also I downloaded the new Google keyboard and now my voice to text doesn't work as well as it was before which is really frustrating because I liked the way that it worked before.

If I'm frustrated with the phone and I've only had it for 2 days would you recommend a factory reset?

Frustrated. I downloaded the latest Google keyboard because after an update it changed and I couldn't find the microphone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used that particular device, but I guess most options should be similar.

- User avatar. It doesn't work on the lock screen, only when you expand the status bar. You can also go to settings - users to change the picture and profile name.

If you have deleted/edited your own contact (ME), see if you can edit it from your contacts app. It should be the first entry on the list.

- Gboard. The voice icon can be enabled in settings - language & input - Gboard - preferences - voice input key.

You can try a factory reset, if you think it's necessary. Being a brand new phone there's no much personal information stored on the phone, so it's no such a big problem.