why is my sg tab s3 not charging?

A

AC Question

i bought this device a month ago. it was doing well. yesterday i tried to charge the battery because the percentage went down to 18%. i realized to my amazment that it is not powering. i change the adopter, it won't work. i used all possible thing you can think of still didn't work. what do think went wrong? can you help?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, constantly letting the battery go down as far as 18% will kill it quickly, and replacing the battery in a tab is a bit more expensive than in some phones (labor). Never let a lithium battery get down below 40% before either turning the tab off or recharging the battery.

Second, the battery could be bad. Or, if you're using the same cable on all the chargers you tried, the cable could be bad. Or the microUSB connector on the tab could be bad. Or the charging circuit in the tab (the "charger" is just a source of power - the charging circuit is in the device itself) could have gone bad.

If changing the cable doesn't make it charge, it has to go into a repair shop. (Unless you bought it new, in which case it would still be under warranty, so contact the seller.)