Often times I use my bt to issue commands to my phone, anything from getting directions to looking up useful info or placing calls. However I've recently updated my phone to note 4 and added my banking info and credit cards to nfc transaction app, so I have to keep have my phone fingerprint/password locked. The issue is that bluetooth can't send commands when the phone is on the lock screen. I know I can have tasker disble the lock when bluetooth is in the vicinity, however that's like the last resort since the battery is already draining at accelerated rate due to other modifications I've done to the phone. Are there any settings I can change or any modified rom that I can install that would let me do this? Thanks.
    09-03-2017 06:37 PM
    That would defeat security, so I doubt that you'd find any legitimate ROM that would allow it. That would be almost as bad as putting a safe's combination on a Post-It, and sticking the Post-It on the front of the safe.
    09-04-2017 02:18 PM
    This forum is so useless, after some searching it turns out the functionality is built right into android os. It's called Smart Lock. In any case you have to go into settings-security-advanced-trusted agents and enable it. Then go into security-advanced-smart lock and it gives you the option to set a trusted bluetooth device that removes the lock on the phone whIle it's connected. It also has options to remove the lock whIle the phone is physically on you, pretty cool feature.
    09-05-2017 12:24 AM
    This forum is so useless
    The forum is made up of users - like you. We don't know everything about every phone. If you want that kind of help you contact the manufacturer and pay for it. We just do the best we can.
    09-05-2017 01:09 PM
    Smart Lock is on a stock ROM for the Note 4? I'm surprised about that. Unless you are running a custom ROM?
    09-05-2017 01:27 PM