Hi all,

Hopefully I'm posting this correctly. I have a Samsung s8. It never used to do this (I'm like 99% sure). So whenever I do something that involves sound, I get an extra beep (the sound you get when you change ringtone volume with the rocker). Examples of this is when I'm on Facebook and I scroll past video that plays and the audio of the video engages, the second I scroll past it, I get the beep. When my phone is locked and I get a notification, I get the beep after the notification. When I'm on instagram and I'm skipping stories that are video, I get the beep. It is legit driving me nuts. I've tried to look around my settings. I must have checked something. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.
    09-17-2017 12:51 PM
    Have you recently installed an app that might be causing this? Did you delete any system files by mistake? You can try entering recovery, and doing a Cache Partition Wipe (no data loss). If that doesn't help, then perhaps a restore is in order.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-17-2017 09:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Accessibillity​ -- anything turned on there?
    09-17-2017 09:22 PM
    @H3aTeRzz holy, it totally worked! no idea why it started doing it in the first place though but thank you! had to look up how to do a partition wipe haha.
    H3aTeRzz and B. Diddy like this.
    09-17-2017 10:35 PM
    @B. Diddy I checked, nothing out of the ordinary. I did a partition wipe at H3aTeRzz suggestion and it worked.My sanity has been saved.
    H3aTeRzz and B. Diddy like this.
    09-17-2017 10:37 PM
    Glad I was able to help!
    09-18-2017 09:23 AM
    Hi all,

Hopefully I'm posting this correctly. I have a Samsung s8. It never used to do this (I'm like 99% sure). So whenever I do something that involves sound, I get an extra beep (the sound you get when you change ringtone volume with the rocker). Examples of this is when I'm on Facebook and I scroll past video that plays and the audio of the video engages, the second I scroll past it, I get the beep. When my phone is locked and I get a notification, I get the beep after the notification. When I'm on instagram and I'm skipping stories that are video, I get the beep. It is legit driving me nuts. I've tried to look around my settings. I must have checked something. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.
    Hey, rather than create a new thread, I thought I'd post here as I'm having the exact same problem with my stock s8. Same symptoms everything. Scroll past a vid or get a notification and i hear the volume beep... which occasionally resets my media volume to zero. After almost every message too. Any ideas? Cheers
    01-16-2018 01:24 AM