Question No Text Message Notification

JonQJacobs

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
Suddenly a week ago I stopped getting a sound notification that I had received a text message. Months ago I stopped getting any kind of visual evidence on my message icon that I had unread messages. I want those features back. I never purposely turned them off. I can't find anything in Settings that would indicate something disabled regarding text messaging. I still get the ringtone for incoming phone calls, but no notification of any kind for text messages. How do I get that back?
Thanks,
Jon

JonQJacobs

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
Tracked it down. I need to go to apps in settings first, then check my settings. How in the world do my settings get turned off without my action or permission. It has happened twice now, and it has to STOP.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tracked it down. I need to go to apps in settings first, then check my settings. How in the world do my settings get turned off without my action or permission. It has happened twice now, and it has to STOP.
A software update or an update to an app can change those.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify -- you're going to Settings>Apps, selecting Messages, then Notifications, and finding that the toggle there is turned off? Or is the toggle on, but they're all set to Silent?

Do you use custom notification tones?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail