disabled: unable to use an app that will allow me to receive calls by tapping

rvsw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I am disabled and unable to use the slide buttons to receive a phone call. I'm using Lenovo 7700 android marshmallow mobile phone. There are a number of apps that will allow the user to receive a call by simply putting the phone and near the year or waving in front of the phone. I'm assuming that they work by using the proximity sensor.

I installed and try to work with several different apps but none of them. Ultimately, I installed an app called easy calling. It kept on reporting that it is not getting the necessary permissions to function. So I'm wondering if there is any security permission that is needed on android marshmallow. These apps used to work for me on another phone which had android lollipop.

Actually, I have not really need an app that uses a proximity sensor. Even an app that will just allow me to tap instead of using the slide button will work. But I have not been able to find any such app.

Thank you for any inputs.

rvsw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I have turned on all the permissions for the app as you have described. In fact I'd tried it for a number of apps that claim to do the same thing. But it did not work.

Then I installed another app called handycall. This just pops up a button to accept or reject a call. Now when a call comes, it does pop up the button but the button on pressing does not do anything.

Whenever a call comes in, I have one app called caller ID and announcer which announces the caller ID. Then there is true caller which shows the details about the caller. And now I'm trying to install a 3rd app which will allow me to answer the incoming call by touch, by lifting the phone to my ear or by some other means which does not include swiping.

If there are 3 apps that started when there is an incoming call, will it create any kind of a problem? I have enough memory and as I said earlier, all the 3 apps at least visually seem to be working properly except when I press on the button nothing is happening.

Thank you for any insights

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The apps could interact - it depends on how they're written. (Basically, when the first app does what it does, it should "pass on" the notice to the system that the phone is ringing, then the second app can act on it, pass it on, etc. If one of the developers forgot to do the "pass on" part, no further apps would see the incoming call or be able to handle it. Try disabling the callerID app and True Caller, then see if a "tap to answer" app works. If it does, one of the other two apps isn't written properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez