i bought a brand new sd card for my brand new phone and i transferred all my contents from my old phone to my new phone. now, my new sd card disappears. i shut off my phone, took it out, turned it back on, turned it off again and re-inserted it. it showed all files on the sd card, then it disappeared again within minutes. help!

ps. i inserted the new sd card that is "disappearing" into my old phone, all files came up and stayed showing. i put old sd card in new phone and all contents showed and stayed showing. I have a new samsung EVO plus 64GB and a new note 4
    10-06-2017 03:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html.
    10-08-2017 12:33 AM