Silent profile with NO vibration and WITH LED notifications on Nougat

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm looking for a profile switching app that has a "silent mode" that leaves the LED on when a notification happens but silences all vibrations and sounds!

Why is this not possible in Nougat? I use an app like sound profile or volume control and switch to their "quiet" or "silent" profile - which puts the phone in DnD and therefore disables the LED *or* annoyingly enables vibrate (and thankfully has the LED).

Anyway I'm looking for a silent mode but with led profile or some way using tasker to get my phone to continue displaying led notifications while remaining quiet in meetings etc

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance

mmmac

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
You mean you want an automated profile? Or just something to toggle?

Sorry I should've clarified - something to toggle! It doesn't have to be automatic and can be something I manually trigger. I go in and out of meetings regularly so looking for a quick way to silence the device completely but also still show the LED so I can see what notifications I am missing!

Thanks for getting back to me !!

mmmac

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
You mean you want an automated profile? Or just something to toggle?

Sorry I should've clarified - something to toggle! It doesn't have to be automatic and can be something I manually trigger. I go in and out of meetings regularly so looking for a quick way to silence the device completely but also still show the LED so I can see what notifications I am missing!

Thanks for getting back to me !!

coffee-turtle

Q&A Team
Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm looking for a profile switching app that has a "silent mode" that leaves the LED on when a notification happens but silences all vibrations and sounds!

Why is this not possible in Nougat? I use an app like sound profile or volume control and switch to their "quiet" or "silent" profile - which puts the phone in DnD and therefore disables the LED *or* annoyingly enables vibrate (and thankfully has the LED).

Anyway I'm looking for a silent mode but with led profile or some way using tasker to get my phone to continue displaying led notifications while remaining quiet in meetings etc

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance

Settings + Sound + Do not disturb
Block Visual Disturbances -- make sure the two options are set to off (particularly the second one which would disable Notification Light).

Now press your volume down button.
On popup screen switch Do Not Distrub to On.

In Options .. under Do Not Disturb there is also Automatic rules, in case you rather not have to manually turn this on. And other tweaks Priority only allows..

Hope this helps