Lock BT volume of phone?

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Android phone, a Moto Z2 Play, for one week, my last several phones were iPhones.

When I connect by Bluetooth to the JVC head unit in my car, the volume on the phone drops to almost nothing. It doesn't matter if I connect to my headphones in between or not. And it does NOT happen when I connect to mh bluetooth headphones.

This is a problem because the volume control on the JVC (and the headphones) is separate from the BT volume of the phone.

How can I lock the BT volume at max?

Oct 22, 2017
Visit site
From experience, I can tell you the volume for the Bluetooth headset/speaker are separate from the phone's Bluetooth volume.
From what I read, I'm guessing that there is a separate mode for Bluetooth car speakers and when you connect to it your phone media volume falls to the minimum. Just crank it to maximum(on the phone) and control the volume with a volume knob on the head unit

If it's the opposite and your phone is at max but the speakers on the car are quiet, try the volume knob

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The problem is, the volume drops to almost nothing when it connects. I want to to not do that as it delays me from just getting in and going. Particularly if I wasn't planning on taking the phone out of my pocket or pouch, as now I have take it out, turn it on, crank the volume, and then put it away.

First world problem, but still... It should just work and it isn't.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Volume in Android isn't "with Bluetooth/without Bluetooth", it's Ringtone (or phone volume if you're in a call), Media, Notifications and System. But the Moto line, or that model, may decrease the volume of all of them if you go to Bluetooth (I don't know, my last Motorola phone was before smartphones came out). If that's the case, you'll just have to turn the volume up manually, or run something like Tasker (probably with Secure Settings) to turn the media volume to full when Bluetooth connects.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Volume in Android isn't "with Bluetooth/without Bluetooth", it's Ringtone (or phone volume if you're in a call), Media, Notifications and System. But the Moto line, or that model, may decrease the volume of all of them if you go to Bluetooth
It is only the media volume that is dropped, and only when I connect to the JVC unit in the car. Not when I connect my headphones. These are the only two audio devices currently paired to the phone.

If that's the case, you'll just have to turn the volume up manually, or run something like Tasker (probably with Secure Settings) to turn the media volume to full when Bluetooth connects.
Hmm.. that's a learning curve. I'll check it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames