Issues with Bluetooth audio--samsung s23.

jlf851

Jun 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm hoping someone can help me. Long story short, my S23 will only connect for calls via BT in my car (2011 ford fusion). My car is capable of playing audio over BT as I did it with my S10 and an iPhone before that. It seems like an issue entirely related to this phone.

I have tried doing a master reset on my car, resetting all the BT and wifi settings on my phone, but still no dice. When I connect to my BT and try to toggle audio or BT, the slider turns on for a brief moment, then shuts back off.

Could this be an issue with my BT in my car being too old, or is there something I haven't tried. I tried adding my car through android auto, and it still only connects for calls..I'm at a loss here, any ideas are appreciated!

Edited to add:my phone can connect and stream music with other devices and vehicles, so it's not the phone!

JDieren

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
Hi there,
I'm hoping someone can help me. Long story short, my S23 will only connect for calls via BT in my car (2011 ford fusion). My car is capable of playing audio over BT as I did it with my S10 and an iPhone before that. It seems like an issue entirely related to this phone.

I have tried doing a master reset on my car, resetting all the BT and wifi settings on my phone, but still no dice. When I connect to my BT and try to toggle audio or BT, the slider turns on for a brief moment, then shuts back off.

Could this be an issue with my BT in my car being too old, or is there something I haven't tried. I tried adding my car through android auto, and it still only connects for calls..I'm at a loss here, any ideas are appreciated!

Edited to add:my phone can connect and stream music with other devices and vehicles, so it's not the phone!
Did you found a fix yet?
Just bought Focus 2011. Calling through bluetooth is working, but streaming music isn't working.
I've also got a S23.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you look at the previous responses? Can you answer the question I posed to the OP before?

Reactions: JDieren

JDieren

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
I'm connected to " Ford Audio ". Tried different variations in Bluetooth settings; Phone Audio and Media Audio, No success.
When i'm playing music it is just continuesly 'crackling?' ( no music can be heard ). The audio is clear whenever i'm in a call.

* Removed Bluetooth devices
* Replaced 7,5 fuse.
* Tried with Samsung S21, S10.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm connected to " Ford Audio ". Tried different variations in Bluetooth settings; Phone Audio and Media Audio, No success.
When i'm playing music it is just continuesly 'crackling?' ( no music can be heard ). The audio is clear whenever i'm in a call.

* Removed Bluetooth devices
* Replaced 7,5 fuse.
* Tried with Samsung S21, S10.
Have you tried to see if "my sync" ever was updated I know that it's the older 1 or 2 My sync but double check

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can try getting in back of the radio and unplugging it then plug it back in but I would still suggest aftermarket radio over the unit u have

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed in that video that the input is set to Aux. Is there an option to have Bluetooth as your input source? (I also saw the BT on the screen, but since it was there along with "Radio" and then "Aux", I'm assuming that just signifies that the phone is connected via Bluetooth for phone calls.)

With your previous phone, do you recall if it played music over Bluetooth when you selected Aux as the input?