Random unknown music playing and wont stop?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently got the Samsung Galaxy J7V. A few times now at random my phone will start playing a random song or ring tone that I've never heard before or can find on my phone. It will start playing and will not stop no matter what I do. It stops at random as well. I close all apps and it continues to play. Just wondering what this could be, any ideas would be great! Thanks

HankW

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem starting last night (10/30/17). I have a month old LG G6 with Verizon. It has done it 2 nights in a row. I think I stopped it the 1st night by closing browser Windows and the 2nd night by forcing Google Chrome to stop but it could have been coincidental. It has been the same very irritating "goofy" sounding song that loops over and over. I cannot find a file anywhere in my phone that fits this crap song.

Last edited:

HankW

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
It happened again twice in the wee hours this morning. Both times forcing Google Chrome to stop, stopped the music instantly. I had not put virus protection on this phone but I did this morning. Will update in a day or two as to how this worked

virtualbev

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
I have an LG G6 on the Verizon network. The same thing has happened to me twice. Some song I've never heard starts playing. The last time it happened was at 3:30 am. I thought it was my alarm going off. There's no indication of where it's coming from and the only way I've been able to stop it is to turn the phone off. Is there anyone that can help? Thanks!

Julie j

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
Same thing happened to me several nights now. Once at 12 am, 3am, 4 am.....I finally recorded the music to see if I could identify it from an app. It's on nothing I use. Strange. How did y'all fix it?

trevsohn

Nov 19, 2017
Visit site
This has happened to my phone twice in the last week. Closing out all recent apps stopped it once, the other time had to reboot. Phone is a 6P on Sprint. The song is instrumental only no vocals.

Rod TJ

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
This happens on my Samsung as well. Occaisionally when I get a notification it will play""MORNING FLOWER" instead of the tone i selected. It stops playing when i swipe down to see notification list.
I dont know how to stop it happenening but it only seems to happen sometimes from notifications for one app and not every time for this app.

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have had something similar happening to me lately. It's some kind of orchestral music that sounds like it could belong in Lord of the Rings or something. I have a couple apps I swipe to close and the music stops so I think it's actually a rogue ad in the apps.

nakannakan

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
this happened to me twice today, within the last hour. ughh hate to admit how freaked out i actually am by this

for me, the music sounded a like a recording? like someone left their phone, still on call, in their bag. there was a microphone screech sound in the middle of it too.

at first i thought i got butt dialed, but turns out it wasnt the case.

dylc250

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
I have had something similar happening to me lately. It's some kind of orchestral music that sounds like it could belong in Lord of the Rings or something. I have a couple apps I swipe to close and the music stops so I think it's actually a rogue ad in the apps.

I'm getting the same music right now

ziegler34

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had this issue for about a month now. I traced it down to my Chrome browser but you can not uninstall chrome on the samsung because it's install on the OS. I was able to stop the music by going into setting=>Apps=>chrome and disabling chrome. But after a certain amount of time chrome turn back on and then the music will start again. I can disable it again and the music go's away. It's a vicious circle!! Anyone know what to try next beside wiping the phone? Malware-bites does not find anything or android.

Charles8282

Mar 20, 2022
Visit site
Recently bought S22 Ultra and have the similar problem. Seems no possible direct solutions given here. So browse little bit and saw one suggestion to check notification in setting. There I saw samsung music sending notification. Switched it off now, let's wait and see if the problem solved. Will update in 24 hours.
#unknown_music_notification

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance