Get previous versions of apps?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I factory reset my xoom I can no longer download the compatible versions of app i already had installed and workong due to the app versions increased past compatibility level. All i can say is WTF. I paid for the app. It feels like Google is like a video lending library only. I have bought the software I should be able to have it installed on my device anytime. I thought I never say it but please give us back hard media. Reinstalling from 3 and 1/2 floppy drive was better than this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You have a very old device with a very old OS version, both of which lost support long ago. This is not unusual -- it happens with obsolete versions of other OS's like Windows and iOS. Android advances by leaps and bounds, so to avoid the dreaded fragmentation that critics used to fondly hold onto as their main critique of Android, support for older versions by necessity has to go away.

You could search the web for the apk installer file for the app version you're looking for, but bear in mind that downloading apk files from random sites is a good way to get malware. Good luck!