Multiple versions of the same app appearing in app settings section

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So to begin with my phone has a mind of its own, this is one of a fair few things that seem odd but ill try explain in as much detail as I can without leading into the next issue.

One of the things I read in regards to the "Apps" section in the phones settings
was to check what apps are using the most data etc.

I have 3 "phone" apps (the system phone app that comes installed on the phone)
2 of them dont have any data usage....never have and the other one uses quite a bit and always has by the looks.

Clicking on the data section for more details, it brings up a massive list of apps that make up this data.

They are all things like Tethering Automation, Silent Logging, Boot Agent, UIBC Virtual Soft Key,
Mirror Link etc.
There's quite a list.....

And at the top of the screen it has "Beaming Service".

What is Beaming Service exactly?

Should 3 of the same app appear?

Obviously you cant install an app 3 times (system app or not).
It'll just update to the latest version, not "re-install" the same app and keep each version on the phone.

Even after updating to the latest sofware and security sofware, it still shows the 3.

I cant deactivate or uninstall any of them......that option is greyed out. Its not rooted.

What could be the cause of this?

Could it be due to someone hacking my phone?

I have had my ex partner (father to my children) hack into and monitor my phones in the past (with the help of a tech expert, friend of ours....no longer a friend of mine).
So this isnt a paranoia situation......Im oddly unfazed by someone hacking my phone......I definitely should be, I know.

Any suggestions or info will be extremely appreciated 😊

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So to begin with my phone has a mind of its own, this is one of a fair few things that seem odd but ill try explain in as much detail as I can without leading into the next issue.

One of the things I read in regards to the "Apps" section in the phones settings
was to check what apps are using the most data etc.

I have 3 "phone" apps (the system phone app that comes installed on the phone)
2 of them dont have any data usage....never have and the other one uses quite a bit and always has by the looks.

Clicking on the data section for more details, it brings up a massive list of apps that make up this data.

They are all things like Tethering Automation, Silent Logging, Boot Agent, UIBC Virtual Soft Key,
Mirror Link etc.
There's quite a list.....

And at the top of the screen it has "Beaming Service".

What is Beaming Service exactly?

Should 3 of the same app appear?

Obviously you cant install an app 3 times (system app or not).
It'll just update to the latest version, not "re-install" the same app and keep each version on the phone.

Even after updating to the latest sofware and security sofware, it still shows the 3.

I cant deactivate or uninstall any of them......that option is greyed out. Its not rooted.

What could be the cause of this?

Could it be due to someone hacking my phone?

I have had my ex partner (father to my children) hack into and monitor my phones in the past (with the help of a tech expert, friend of ours....no longer a friend of mine).
So this isnt a paranoia situation......Im oddly unfazed by someone hacking my phone......I definitely should be, I know.

Any suggestions or info will be extremely appreciated
Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have?

It's normal to have multiple instances of certain system apps like Phone. I don't know for certain, but I suspect each listing is for specific Phone functions.

Beaming Service is probably for Android Beam, the feature that allows two Android devices to share info via NFC (and which has been deprecated): https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2781895?hl=en

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thompson