My notifications still sound even with all notifications turned off and volume set to mute?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On my note 8 I keep getting a notification sound during the night with notifications turned off and with the volume slider of notification turn down to off as well. Not sure what is going on?

Telstar1948

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Does NFC being on or off affect the various notification sounds coming through Do Not Disturb. Even with no exceptions, except for Alarms (which I thought would limit it to the alarm set with the clock for wake up), I would still get the buzzing sound when a notification came in, and then it would continue every minute thereafter keeping me awake. BTW, is there any way to set notifications so that the make their sound once when the email, message or whatever first comes in and then shuts up after that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a good question about NFC -- I would assume it's supposed to be silenced, but I wasn't sure. Also, to clarify things -- are these notifications tones occurring for actual notifications, or is there no obvious notification that's causing it?

For notifications that keep sounding, go to Settings>Accessibility and look for a Notification Reminders option -- turn that off.

Also, does this still happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36242