Oreo Update crashed my Hwawei Nexus 6P. How can I fix it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently received the Oreo OS update. Last night, Google sent a security patch for the phone, my Hwawei Nexus 6P. Upon completion of the download, my phone crashed and went into a Google loop, with the Google logo in white going on and off every few seconds. I tried going to the Android recovery function and tried each of the menu items, system restore, turn off, reset, etc. Nothing worked. It went into the Google loop every time.
In the morning I was able to try a factory reset as per the Google tech, but same thing: back to the loop.
The November Oreo update crashed my perfectly well-functioning phone, and Google says I'm on my own and takes no responsibility whatsoever because I bought it directly from the manufacturer but Hwawei says they won't do anything for me as it is past warranty, since it is now 2 years old.
Shame on Google! They might have just as well come to my home and smashed the phone with a hammer. I spent 2 hours on the phone being told in a nice way to go jump in a lake.
Anyone else have their phone crashed by the new Oreo update?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about it. This is why it's better to purchase from Google, since they would have been more likely to do something for you. I'd say it's more shame on Huawei, since that's where you bought it from -- but they're technically not doing anything wrong, since it's outside of warranty now. This is also a good reason to get insurance for a phone, since you never know when something like this might crop up.

The update might have been coincidental -- the 6P has been known to go into bootloops (mine did after a little over a year), so this might just have been its time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781