it plays like a example from android
    11-13-2017 08:36 AM
    When you play music (or any sound), if you leave the app without stopping the playback first, it will continue to play. That's normal. So if you want the music to stop, first stop the music in the music app, then leave the app.
    11-13-2017 11:22 AM
    Saying "it's normal" doesn't help. How do you stop the music once this happens? Restarting the app doesn't work.

This seems like a critical bug, not "normal"
    ks2problema likes this.
    12-02-2018 02:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Why would that be a critical bug? The normal use case for a music app is for the user to start playing music, then open another app and do something else while listening to music. It would be more of a critical bug if the music constantly stopped as soon as you left the music app -- we'd hear no end of complaints about it on the forums. Rukbat's suggestion is totally reasonable -- if you don't want to hear the music, stop the playback from within the music app, then go do what you want to do on the phone. If you're already out of the music app, you should see a notification for the app with playback controls -- pause it there and then swipe it away, or tap it so that the music app opens, and then stop the playback there.

You mentioned that restarting the app doesn't work. Which app are you referring to?
    12-02-2018 03:30 PM
    There should be a "right arrow" button that you press to start the music. That turns into either a Pause button (2 vertical bars) or a Stop button (a square). Open the app, tap that button and the music will stop. Then close the app. (That means Back button - Home doesn't stop an app, it just runs the launcher, leaving the app that was on the screen running.)
    12-02-2018 03:41 PM
    Correction: The sound isn't music. It sounds like an ad is playing, but no apps are open.
    ks2problema likes this.
    03-21-2021 08:28 PM
    You haven't helped the user. It appears you are so bent on trying to defend the Android platform that you're making excuses and not listening to what his problem is. I find that very unhelpful and quite unprofessional.
    06-06-2021 11:24 AM
    An additional point: your answer seems to suggest that this behavior is normal.

However, if one opens the very popular Tidal music player app and he closes that app (from the recently used app interface), the music stops immediately.

This is not just a logical, common sense behavior, it is a behavior I would expect as someone who has been using Android since 2012.

I ask you which is the most logical behavior:

A sound producing app that stops making sound when you explicitly close it?

Or an OS that allows an app to 'disappear' from the phone and its app queue -- while still making sound whose source can not be readily identified?

I suggest you check your attitude, and check your professionalism. And maybe take a class in UI design.
    06-06-2021 11:30 AM
    You haven't helped the user. It appears you are so bent on trying to defend the Android platform that you're making excuses and not listening to what his problem is. I find that very unhelpful and quite unprofessional.
    Who are you referring to?
    06-06-2021 12:30 PM
    An additional point: your answer seems to suggest that this behavior is normal.

However, if one opens the very popular Tidal music player app and he closes that app (from the recently used app interface), the music stops immediately.

This is not just a logical, common sense behavior, it is a behavior I would expect as someone who has been using Android since 2012.

I ask you which is the most logical behavior:

A sound producing app that stops making sound when you explicitly close it?

Or an OS that allows an app to 'disappear' from the phone and its app queue -- while still making sound whose source can not be readily identified?

I suggest you check your attitude, and check your professionalism. And maybe take a class in UI design.
    Are you referring to my response or one of the other responses? Let's not throw around insults, ok?

It's worth pointing out that the OP never came back to engage in conversation, nor ever gave any details whatsoever about the problem they were facing. Neither did the member C Mar, who picked up the thread (and only made that one post before seemingly disappearing into the ether). derekgerwin also didn't give any more details.

As for "professionalism" -- I think the term you may be looking for is "courtesy," because this is not an official support forum. We're all just regular joes who happen to be Android enthusiasts.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2021 01:13 PM
    Just a thought, it's very possible the OP was asking about unwanted music playing in the background due to some kind of adware, rather than music that was intentionally played from a music app.
    06-06-2021 01:17 PM
    Just a thought, it's very possible the OP was asking about unwanted music playing in the background due to some kind of adware, rather than music that was intentionally played from a music app.
    Not just that if you have premium service on these music apps they allow to play in the background until you press stop
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2021 01:50 PM
    Thanks for your response. Sorry about my tone, but after a decade of using the platform, I have precious little patience for the absolute mess Google has made of Android 'support.' That said, i certainly realize that that mess is not your fault. My bad.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-06-2021 03:27 PM
    Thanks for your response. Sorry about my tone, but after a decade of using the platform, I have precious little patience for the absolute mess Google has made of Android 'support.' That said, i certainly realize that that mess is not your fault. My bad.
    Sometimes it's Google fault other times it's the Manufacturer that put their flare on Android also , it gets frustrating but we try for the best we can in search of a solution or workaround.
    ks2problema and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-06-2021 03:32 PM
    Sorry to 'shoot the messenger'... I certainly get the fragmentation issue -- and it is a vexation. It even happens within a given brand -- my Moto and the subsequent year model Moto i picked out for my aged mother under the delusion it would help me to 'support' her have radically different UI features and implementations despite the familial provenance.

And, despite the fact she's had a computer since 1990, a mobile since the mid-90s, and a previous Android since 2012, she is continually flummoxed by the phone's quirky and inconsistent interface. NONE of which, of course, is directly Google's fault. But these consequences of earlier Google decisions would nonetheless seem to be harming the platform

Anyone who searches for Android answers via Google's own search engine is typically directed to one of their 'user forums,' typically filled with hundreds of angry frustrated users who usually can't get pertinent answers to their questions from Google's own volunteer 'support.'

'Ironically,' Google was, for a number of months, trying to recruit me as an 'expert' volunteer, apparently because I had attempted to help some fellow users in those same forums. I found that... 'ironic.'

I'll leave you guys to your good works now with a final mea culpa for my sharp-elbowed responses -- and the hope you will have a pleasant day!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2021 04:00 PM