Samsung's Battery Draining Apps Thing

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm just curious, and this is not really a new Note 8 thing, my S8+ and S7 Edge before it were the same way... But like 9 out of 10 times that I unlock my phone, Samsung is suggesting through its Battery Saving app thing that I shut off some app that's using 1%+ per hour of battery. 9 times out of 10 that it shows that, it's an app I haven't used in days or weeks.

Is this just something we have to live with? It's just the way things are? Or am I actually doing something wrong with the way I use Android? Keep in mind I've been using Android since the G1 haha so I understand Android pretty well. I just find it silly that there's ALWAYS some app that Samsung themselves is suggesting I shut off, when most of the time I didn't even start it to begin with. Seems so ridiculous.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing that when you're finished using an app you hit the Home button. Stop doing that! Use the Back button to close apps.

When you use the Home button, you go to your home page - but the app is still running. Eventually, you'll run some app that uses a lot of battery, then, sometime later, it will still be running and using a lot of battery. I've had a few Samsung phones - and I've never had a Samsung battery saver app tell me to shut off some app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member