Microsoft Launcher was installed this morning 11/20/2017. How do I uninstall it and when I uninstall it I want all my previous settings restored back including icons etc.
    11-20-2017 11:53 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? You could try this. First make sure to enable your stock launcher back (the right steps will depend on your model and version of android), then go to settings - security - device administrator and uncheck Microsoft Launcher. Finally, in settings - apps select MS launcher - force stop - clear data and uninstall. Tell us how it goes.
    11-20-2017 12:03 PM
    Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? You could try this. First make sure to enable your stock launcher back (the right steps will depend on your model and version of android), then go to settings - security - device administrator and uncheck Microsoft Launcher. Finally, in settings - apps select MS launcher - force stop - clear data and uninstall. Tell us how it goes.
    Unfortunately, the "Uninstall" in Settings is greyed out in when Microsoft Launcher is installed, even if I have forced stop. So--how do I uninstall without that option in the basic settings? Is there an advance way to do this?
    11-27-2017 12:40 PM
    Unfortunately, the "Uninstall" in Settings is greyed out in when Microsoft Launcher is installed, even if I have forced stop. So--how do I uninstall without that option in the basic settings? Is there an advance way to do this?
    Thanks for registering! What device do you have? You could also try uninstalling that app after booting in safe mode.
    11-27-2017 12:44 PM
    Or you can open Settings/App manager, open the launcher, then Clear Defaults.

When you hit the Home button, you'll be asked which launcher to use. Select the old one. All your layouts should stay the way they were before. (Launchers keep their own settings.)

Then look for Device Administrators in Settings. If the Microsoft Launcher installed as a Device Administrator, it won't delete, so uncheck the box for it, then go back to App manager and see if the Uninstall button is active again.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    11-27-2017 03:43 PM
    I assume you installed the app from Play Store - have you tried uninstalling it from there? I uninstall by going to Play Store > My Apps & Games > Installed. When I've found the app in question, I tap the Open button (not a very helpful label!). It takes me to the app's Play Store page, with an Uninstall button.

It always works from my Moto G phone, perhaps it will in your device.
    11-27-2017 04:16 PM
    Varies by phone, OS version.

And MS launcher latest version changed.

Change default app for launcher

Might want to backup your settings even if you want to uninstall. Or just leave it but don't use.

Nova Prime is a popular launcher. Can backup its settings. Not sure twz does, but it should revert to what you had.
    11-27-2017 05:20 PM
    Netherthorpe - thanks for the help. I had not heard of doing that. Unfortunately, when I tap "open," it takes me to the Microsoft Launch home screen.
    11-27-2017 07:49 PM
    I discovered how to do it. Go into microsoft launch and --> remove all permissions. Then and only then will the "uninstall" work.
    Javier P likes this.
    11-27-2017 07:51 PM
    I discovered how to do it. Go into microsoft launch and --> remove all permissions. Then and only then will the "uninstall" work.
    Excellent! Glad you figured it out and thanks for the follow up! It'll be very helpful for other members with a similar problem.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-28-2017 07:01 AM