Recover Contacts and Text messages from Broken Screen on S7

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi I have a Galaxy S7 with a broken screen, i am still able to unlock the phone via Fingerprint.

I want to recover contacts that has been saved locally on the device by mistake.

Before i was able to access the files on the phone by plugging it in and the device being in USB Storage mode, after installing SideSync and various other recovery programs like Dr.fone the device is still detected but i am unable to access the files on it (emtpy folder when plugging it in.)

Since i can still unlock it i have my hopes up.
Developer is not enabled.

Any ideas?

Regards
Dumbass without proper backup.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The phone needs to be unlocked for the USB storage to be visible to a computer.

Have you used Sidesync before? If not you could be out of luck. You need to enable some things onscreen for it to work the first time.

goatfish

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
I hadn't set it up before, unfortunatly i think that problem turned the phone from USB to media Device, tried uninstalling all the programs and rebooting the computer but it still recognizes it as a media device.
Tried finding regkeys to change it back to USB Storage but no luck so far.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
S7, and Android in particular does not have USB storage mode, not since Android 2.3. All newer ones direct to media devicr.

At this point seems your only choice is to repair the screen without doing a reset.