Music files not showing in music app

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I've downloaded a mp3 file to my new Galaxy s8 and it's not showing in the Samsung Music or Play Music apps. I've tried clearing cache and rebooting the phone or reinstalling the apps. Still no effect.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only thing you did that should have helped was rebooting the phone. Media apps (music, photos, videos) show the files of the type they can handle that are stored in the Media Scan database. That database is all the media-type files on the phone. Since it can take a while for it to be built, it only gets built at startup (power on or restart). Or if you run an app like media.Re.Scan. Downloading, copying or moving files doesn't rebuild it.

So try media.Re.Scan. If that doesn't work, maybe it's not really an mp3 file.

jaybird210

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you got this resolved. I had a similar problem and after i renamed the directory for the newly copied album, it started to show up. Not sure if it was due to a special character that it didn't like, or just the action of updating the folder name that triggered the refresh, but this worked for me, after clearing cache and rebooting hadn't helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12