• Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung S7 and have been recently receiving

PeterCO8373737

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
Screenshot_20171208-105854.jpg.jpg

Sorry I figured I should make an account. Attached is a screenshot of the add. I have tried everything I can think of. Deleted a bunch of apps, installed malware tracker, deleted internet history and cache. The screenshot shows when the add showed up last and it is the red bar with white icon. No idea what app this is in order to delete. Any help is appreciated

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I figured I should make an account. Attached is a screenshot of the add. I have tried everything I can think of. Deleted a bunch of apps, installed malware tracker, deleted internet history and cache. The screenshot shows when the add showed up last and it is the red bar with white icon. No idea what app this is in order to delete. Any help is appreciated

Officially welcome to AndroidCentral 😃 Thanks for creating a account. Always nice to see some new people around here.

Interesting. Thanks for taking the screen-shot. It definitely helps a lot when we can see what we dealing with. I would say that the ad is not a App that you have loaded because it doesn't have a name at the top. (Like the other apps do)

May I ask where you purchased the device from? I know some Amazon prime devices have ads on the phone to reduce the overall cost to the customer.

To be honest, I haven't seen this before. Hopefully another member can help out. 😃

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 275354

You didn't mention if you did a reset and cleared up the cache in boot menu. Try it out.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Do a safe boot.

Consider factory reset strongly.

Malwarebytes is good to have.

Go to http://adguard.com and side load. System wide blocking of ads.

An app can update and begin delivering ads or an ad server can start delivering adware/malware.

Malware can be memory resident only and not even begin life as a download and just uses drive-by to infect. One Windows 10 variant would use MS Defender to be able to burrow itself into the system.

Don't restore when you do reset the phone.

You can reset permissions and network to defaults as well as user data but id go for full factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair