My screen timeout is set to five minutes but it locks at fifteen seconds
    12-19-2017 05:20 PM
    Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? Do you have any battery/power saving option enabled?
    12-19-2017 05:21 PM
    Because your Lockscreen setting is still at 15 seconds. Just go to Settings and pick a new time their also.
    12-19-2017 08:21 PM
    My zte max blue does the same thing. I also don't have the option in my phone to change the lockscreen settings either
    03-15-2018 01:45 AM
    My zte max blue does the same thing. I also don't have the option in my phone to change the lockscreen settings either
    See response in your other thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ml#post6191871
    03-15-2018 10:41 AM
    I have the same problem too. I do not believe it is a user setting that is causing this.

The ZTE Max Blue (Simple Mobile) was working fine ever since I purchased it last November. It shipped with Android 6. The phone worked great.

This week, the phone did an OTA update in the middle of the night (without asking me) and updated it to a version 7 of Android.

After the update, the screen dims and shuts off after 10-15 seconds of inactivity.

The phone ignores my setting in Settings -> Display -> Sleep

which is set to a much longer time than 15 seconsd.

The phone also ignores the setting in Settings -> Security -> Lock timeout

which is also set longer.

Furthermore, the "Battery Saver" feature is not doing this, as it is not on either.

I booted the phone in "Safe Mode" by holding the volume buttons while it boots up (and "Safe Mode" displays in the corner.) Problem still happens too.

I spent a few hours last night trying to see if there was some setting I was missing, or if there was one rogue app causing it (tried force-stopping everything, one by one.)
    Could not get the issue to stop.

I tried many (probably 10 or so) different 3rd party apps -- none of them would satisfactorily let me work around the issue. Some would just make the screen stay on forever. Other 3rd party apps would make it so the screen would stay on for a specified amount of of inactivity time -- but I would need to "reset" this by re-running the app (or touching something in the app) after every time you turn the screen back on.

This is extremely frustrating, and I do not believe it is user-error.

ZTE needs to fix this with a software update. FAST.

Edit: For what it's worth, I have been using android phones for nearly 10 years, dating back to the G1 on TMobile. I am a software engineer and write code for a living. I have developed android apps in the past. I'm pretty darn sure that this problem isn't user-error.
    03-22-2018 09:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to be certain -- this is happening when the phone is on the homescreen, and not just on the lockscreen, correct?

EDIT: From your response in the other thread, I'm guessing that this does happen for you on the homescreen and not the lockscreen, but would still be good to confirm that.

Blu has not had a great track record with updates lately (like the infamous update to the Blu Life One X2 that locked users out of their own phones by asking for a nonexistent PIN), so it wouldn't be surprising if a bug in their update is causing this issue. Definitely give feedback to Blu about this.

FURTHER EDIT: Sorry, I only just realized that you're talking about a ZTE phone, not a Blu phone. The "Max Blue" name threw me off. Derp. So see if you can give feedback to ZTE instead.
    03-22-2018 08:00 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to be certain -- this is happening when the phone is on the homescreen, and not just on the lockscreen, correct?

EDIT: From your response in the other thread, I'm guessing that this does happen for you on the homescreen and not the lockscreen, but would still be good to confirm that.

Blu has not had a great track record with updates lately (like the infamous update to the Blu Life One X2 that locked users out of their own phones by asking for a nonexistent PIN), so it wouldn't be surprising if a bug in their update is causing this issue. Definitely give feedback to Blu about this.

FURTHER EDIT: Sorry, I only just realized that you're talking about a ZTE phone, not a Blu phone. The "Max Blue" name threw me off. Derp. So see if you can give feedback to ZTE instead.
    It happens on the home screen, on the lock screen, and inside of most apps (web browser, email, text editor, messaging apps, facebook. etc.) Just about the only time it doesn't happen is: when I'm in the middle of playing a video in youtube.
    03-23-2018 07:31 AM
    Problem came with update to Android 7.1.1. It is driving me nuts.
    05-12-2018 07:57 PM