I shattered the screen on my galaxy s8 my digitizer still responds but it displays flashy green and white so i purchased the note 8 i didnt sync my files on my s8 and when i connect it to my computer or to my note 8 via usb i cannot change my usb settings the screen still interacts but i cannot see the screen to allow the transfer of my files is there a way i can override that with an app or something to control it thru my note 8 preferably but if really needed i can get access to a computer. I went back and forth with samsung they couldnt assist me and pretty much said i was screwed
    Please help me i need to recover my files
    12-23-2017 07:40 AM
    You could try going to the Play store with a laptop or desktop, then installing Vysor - Android control on PC on the S8 (and the PC end on the PC). Then you can see the S8's screen pn the PC and control it with the keyboard and mouse. You can back up to Drive or to the PC, then restore to the Note 8.

(The screen repair for an S8 is a lot less than the phone is worth, so I can't see tossing the broken phone into a drawer and forgetting it. You're at least going to sell it as a "parts phone", right?)
    12-23-2017 01:38 PM