Why is my RAM full, if I dont have anything installed on it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i just got a new phone (susan, i guess x8) and it says: phone space is going low, remove some datta and apps. but when i try to remove anything, it is yust an empty space, no apps and data to remove... this is new phone, not used, and factory reset dosent work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would help to know the exact model number -- I can't find anything on the web about a Susan X8 phone.

How much Internal Storage does the phone have? If it's 4 GB, you'll hardly have any free space, after accounting for the OS. Once you update any preinstalled apps, that free space might be completely used up.

R-Jay 101

Jan 29, 2018
Visit site
I have the same mobile, a susan x8 I got it recently and its doing the exact same thing - saying there's insufficient space when all that's used is barely 2gb and its saying there's 6.5 GB of free space but it continues to give me error msg's (927, -8 and another one with letters and numbers that I can't remember plus even "insufficient space in default storage space" msg), I've cleared caches - didn't work, then cleared catches and data after forcing google play store then Google play framework and also download manager apps to stop - didn't work, I then uninstalled the updates for these apps - didn't work, so then I removed my google account and set it back up again - didn't work, eventually I factory reset the phone and that didn't work either, does anyone have any move idea's?
Oh and I've done this over WiFi only and had already ticked allow third party installs so I'm pretty stumped at this point and hope someone else who reads this can help me with this tech issue , thanks - r-jay101

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Which doesn't sound reasonable, unless it's running Android 2. Any recent version of Android is going to take at least 4GB.

But I doubt that any of you will get any help with this phone - that's what happens when you buy a Chinese phone that wholesales for a few dollars each (and I mean a few - I've seen them advertised for $1 in lots of 5,000).

By the way, RAM should always be pretty full in an Android device, that's the whole design philosophy. Storage shouldn't be. Storage and RAM are different parts of the phone.

Raph Caswell-Jones

Jun 12, 2020
Visit site
The system storage is very small, about 100kb of System storage, which can run out very easily.
It actually uses Android 4.0/ICS and only runs on 2G...
There is no way to hard reset the device though.
Hope this helped!