My music keeps pausing when its playing

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a super annoying problem! My music keep pausing when I play it even when I play YouTube, my music player, Pandora and even videos and when I use a aux cord and my earphones. My phone has never done this before now all of a sudden it starts doing this. How can I stop this? I have a ZTE Max blade z.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First, anything coming in cia the internet (YouTube, Pandora, etc., is subject to buffering (waiting for more content to come in via the internet, because the path between you and the server is busy).

That said, if it's happening with your music player playing music that's located on your phone, it would be because your phone is malfunctioning? How? Any number of ways? It's a phone that doesn't have the power to do all that you're asking it to do? It's running a really old version of Android, but new apps? Something in it is defective? You haven't given us anything to go on except "it doesn't work", and we can't guess at why. You'll have to do a little diagnosis yourself, or bring it into a repair shop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If it only happens when something is plugged into the phone's headphone jack, then that plug might not be configured correctly for the plug. It could be falsely activating the remote Pause button. Does the music ever pause when you don't have anything plugged into the headphone jack?

kaetraux

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My Alcatel 3t 8 inch from T-Mobile does this, I stream with Napster. It does this with the aux cord in my car, and Bluetooth in my house. Both streaming and from files through the app that were downloaded for offline play. It doesn't buffer, it straight pauses like you press the pause button. I've got several devices from consoles to budget phones to my s10+ and this is the only one that does it