Clicking on YouTube Opens Chrome Instead

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just noticed that clicking on the YouTube app(not the links) automatically opens up Chrome and loads the mobile YouTube site. I want to view the videos in the YouTube app,not Chrome. I tried deleting all default settings for Chrome, but that didn't work and YT does not have any default settings. I can't uninstall YT on my device. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Are you tapping a YouTube icon on the homescreen or the App Drawer? If it's on the homescreen, go to the App Drawer and tap the YouTube icon there to see if it does the same thing. It's conceivable that you or someone else saved the YouTube mobile website as a bookmark on the homescreen via Chrome, and that's what you're seeing. But only true apps will show up in the App Drawer.

trumba

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for responding!

I have a Galaxy A7 (2017) and its running Nougat. I am clicking on the YT app from my app drawer, not from the home page. Let me know if there's any other information you need. Thanks again!

trumba

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the help,but I got things fixed on my end. I have a filter on my phone and adjusting some of the settings fixed the issue. Sorry if this isn't going to help anyone else with the same problem, though.