I want to remove someone from a group list text

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, with standard MMS, I don't believe that's possible. You'd have to create a new group text without those couple of names, and ask everyone else to abandon the previous group text.

Denise Lex

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm using SMS+. I did a little more digging and was able to to find the solution. After your group has been created and you have sent or created a text, it moves to the conversations section along with a colored contact. The circle will either have a contact initial, or a picture if the contact themselves posts one. Groups usually have the first initial of at least 3 of the group members. Tap on the text content, and the color contact circle moves to the top left corner along with the group name. Tap the colored contact circle once in the left top corner. You will see a header with the groups name. And below the name it will give you the option to add or remove participants. This is a great new feature. Easy to use and very much welcomed by all us text groupies

allbenatt

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm using SMS+. I did a little more digging and was able to to find the solution. After your group has been created and you have sent or created a text, it moves to the conversations section along with a colored contact. The circle will either have a contact initial, or a picture if the contact themselves posts one. Groups usually have the first initial of at least 3 of the group members. Tap on the text content, and the color contact circle moves to the top left corner along with the group name. Tap the colored contact circle once in the left top corner. You will see a header with the groups name. And below the name it will give you the option to add or remove participants. This is a great new feature. Easy to use and very much welcomed by all us text groupies

I wonder: If I created the group in Android Messages yesterday and then install SMS+ today, can I delete someone in that group?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez