I currently have an iPhone 6 from work but need a new personal phone. When I want to make a call with my iPhone 6 in the car I use the home button fingerprint reader to unlock the phone, then a long press to get the voice prompt to dial whomever. I can do that very easily with my eyes on the road. Is there a way to do this painlessly with the S8?
    01-25-2018 12:58 PM
    If Samsung allows the S8 to use the Google Assistant Trusted Voice options, you can do it without even touching the phone, or looking at it once you trust it. I have a Pixel 2 XL (and a Nexus 6p), I can say "OK Google, call xxx on mobile" and it will call that contact on their mobile number. I can even say "OK Google, call business name and it will search for the business and call the listed number for it even with it not in my contacts.

Sorry, I can't speak to the S8 specifically but Android CAN do it, no button presses involved.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-25-2018 04:04 PM
    With the S8 having the fingerprint sensor on the rear, your Apple way would not do. An S7 would be able to have the same algorhyhm as the Apple to get to the phones functions.
    The previous poster points out that you could pair the phone to the vehicle, make it a trusted source, and it would auto pair and stay unlocked as long as you were in the car and chose this. Depending on the vehicle, voice and maybe media from the phone will go through the cars Bluetooth connection.
    Additionaly, you don't need to physically touch the phone at all using OK Google and its security features. Make or reject calls verbally, send text messages without having to look at the phone. Open apps etc.
    01-25-2018 04:43 PM
    The previous poster points out that you could pair the phone to the vehicle, make it a trusted source, and it would auto pair and stay unlocked as long as you were in the car and chose this.
    Actually, I'm talking about the Trusted Voice settings in Google Assistant. I admit, I do use Android Auto in the car but the phone is in no way actually connected to my car audio, I just use the on-device display capability but based on experience using Google Assistant at home, it should work as the OP wants.
    01-25-2018 05:49 PM