application first plan screen return within some seconds to Android's main without touching

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

For instance if Whatsapp or other application is let in first plan , it takes some seconds to close such screen and return to Android´s main screen by itself.
Any idea why this happens ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean by "first plan." Are you saying that when you tap Back or Home when you're in an app, it takes a few seconds for the app to close and return you to the homescreen?

Ron Wolpa

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Which phone? >>> Alcatel One touch Pixi 3
don't quite understand what you mean by "first plan." >>> I will try to explain what I mean : every time I open any application , let´s suppose I open Whatsapp - and let the screen of this application in view , in other words = first plan. I place the phone over the table , I won´t touch it at all.
Within 10 seconds it will bring up Android´s 1st screen by itself.
Supposing I open Whatsapp and tap one of my contacts chat screen , the same way I described above , after +/- 10 seconds it gets back to Whatsapp previous screen and after another 10 seconds back to Android's main screen.

I hope I made it less confusing. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case, the hardware capacitative Back button might be faulty. That would require a trip to the repair shop. If the phone is still under warranty, contact Alcatel directly. It would be reasonable to try a factory reset first.