do all Samsung s7s wirelessly charge. I have a ravpower wireless charge and it flashes every second which indicates device is incompatible. however if I put my wife's s7 on it it works straight away. i cant find anything in the menu that indicates enabling a wireless function. in Advanced Settings there is only the option to switch on Fast Charge no option to switch on/off Wireless charging! any ideas! is my phone just faulty!
    02-02-2018 10:42 AM
    Wireless charging should always be active. Do you have that issue with any other chargers? If you do, it sounds like a hardware issue with the charging coil. I assume the phone can charge normally on a wired charger?
    02-02-2018 11:43 AM
    yeah it's quite temperamental charging with the wire as well. it will charge with the Samsung fast charger that came with my wife's phone (lost mine), though will not fast charge, just normal charge speed. but has gradually been getting worse with 3rd party chargers I'd previously used. now It only seems to charge through the official Samsung charger so that's why I'd bought a wireless charger as I assumed it was to do with the connection. so it could be the coil that would effect both?
    02-02-2018 01:01 PM
    Yup, definitely sounds like a hardware problem with the charging, since you're seeing the issue in both (or maybe even the battery itself). Most people have reported that their NFC/MST goes out the window and BT also starts to stutter when their wireless charging circuitry goes awry. Have you noticed any issues with NFC or Samsung Pay? If so, it's time to get a replacement!
    02-02-2018 01:22 PM
    I never use nfc or Samsung pay to be honest. not noticed any bt problems.
    02-02-2018 01:38 PM