Constantly in reboot loop

Ryan needs help

Oct 24, 2020
Visit site
Yesterday I decided preform a flash on my Galaxy S9+ using oldin. It is because OEM lock appeared. However, i have accidentally unplug it during the process. A blue screen with " An error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch PC software". This wasn't the only issue. It was since stuck in a constant reboot loop that I can't seem to exit no matter what I do.

When it is not plugged into any power, it will not start or anything. However, when it is plugged in, the blue screen flashes out for a quarter or a second and reboots over and over again.

I tried booting it into safe mode and recovery mode, but i cant get far with only a quarter of second each time. Sometimes has a split second scenario which looks like it's loading the recovery mode menu, where the "Installing system update" screen appears for a quarter of a second, then followed by an error screen for another quarter of a second. It never reaches the menu however, as the screen goes black afterwards, and resumes the bootloop issue once more.

I could not access the download mode as the time is too short for me to flash anything.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

How far were you in the update before you disconnected?

While the phones off and restart in download mode before u plug into computer will it stay?

Ryan needs help

Oct 24, 2020
Visit site
It stayed in download mode before i plug into the computer, the only thing is that its in "custom binary blocked by OEM lock" Hence, that's why I decided to flash my phone. I accidentally unplugged it during the flash. i Flashed the BL and AP before its disconnected.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It stayed in download mode before i plug into the computer, the only thing is that its in "custom binary blocked by OEM lock" Hence, that's why I decided to flash my phone. I accidentally unplugged it during the flash. i Flashed the BL and AP before its disconnected.
Can you post screen shots?

In download mode it tells you this message?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali