I've had my 128GB MicroSD card for my LG V20 for a long time now. Probably a year or so. About 4 days ago, I've noticed I could not transfer files to it anymore. I'm using FX explorer, and it says "access denied". The first thing I thought of was it was write protected, so I switched off write protection. Nothing happened. I downloaded and ran Root Explorer and ES File Explorer to manually turn on r/w for the MicroSD but still a no go. Next step was I tried to drag files unto my phone's MicroSD using my PC, it worked. So I tried reformatting it. Windows would format the card but it won't delete the files in it, or change the file format to NFTS or FAT32 etc. So, it probably did nothing for the card. I tried fixing it for errors. Windows would say it fixed the errors but after I click OK the error notification pops up again.
    Next, I tried formatting it using my phone... It gets stuck at 20% then it gets ejected for some reason, and then it jumps to 100%. When I check it, nothing has changed. Next, I've tried copying files from the MicroSD to my phone, it works, but vise versa, no go. I've also tried opening my PDF files from my MicroSD, they won't open.

How do I fix this?
    02-04-2018 05:06 AM
    I've had my 128GB MicroSD card for my LG V20 for a long time now. Probably a year or so. About 4 days ago, I've noticed I could not transfer files to it anymore. I'm using FX explorer, and it says "access denied". The first thing I thought of was it was write protected, so I switched off write protection. Nothing happened. I downloaded and ran Root Explorer and ES File Explorer to manually turn on r/w for the MicroSD but still a no go. Next step was I tried to drag files unto my phone's MicroSD using my PC, it worked. So I tried reformatting it. Windows would format the card but it won't delete the files in it, or change the file format to NFTS or FAT32 etc. So, it probably did nothing for the card. I tried fixing it for errors. Windows would say it fixed the errors but after I click OK the error notification pops up again.
    Next, I tried formatting it using my phone... It gets stuck at 20% then it gets ejected for some reason, and then it jumps to 100%. When I check it, nothing has changed. Next, I've tried copying files from the MicroSD to my phone, it works, but vise versa, no go. I've also tried opening my PDF files from my MicroSD, they won't open.

How do I fix this?
    Maybe the SD card is bad. Copy what you can, use a verified good card, and see if you can duplicate the problem.
    02-04-2018 05:11 AM
    I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 128GB. I tried using a generic 32GB MicroSD and it copys just fine.
    02-04-2018 05:24 AM
    Maybe the SD card is bad. Copy what you can, use a verified good card, and see if you can duplicate the problem.
    I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 128GB. I tried using a generic 32GB MicroSD and it copys just fine.
    02-04-2018 05:25 AM
    So, do you think you have a bad SD card?
    02-04-2018 05:31 AM
    So, do you think you have a bad SD card?
    I dunno. Is it. I mean how could I tell if it's bad or not? I was just surprised it suddenly just acted up on me. :/
    02-04-2018 06:47 AM