Why will SMS and MMS message not backup up to gmail from LG G6 using SMS Backup+ app?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

Hoping someone can help with an SMS backup+ issue i am experiencing. Recently upgraded my phone from Motorola droid max to LG G6 running Android 7.0. had been using SMS backup on my old phone with no issue. Transferred the app to my new G6 and all windows and prompts appear the same. When I initiate backup manually the app seems to recognize that there are new items to back up because the number of items indicated are increasing but then runs down the list of items quickly without uploading to my gmail as in the past ending with the message "there are no items to backup". Have tried reinstalling the app but without success. Can't figure out where the problem is or if suddenly the app is incompatible? Last backup was from my old phone December 2017 and have been unable to backup SMS and MMS messages since. Open to any suggestions and appreciate any insight into how I can remedy this issue. Thanks in advance!

Johan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae