can I install android on my samsung galaxy book?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is it a Windows tablet? If so, nope, you can't install Android on a non-mobile device. You can, however, do one of the following:

1) Just use Google Maps on a browser. It's actually more feature-filled than the mobile version.

2) Install an Android emulator, like BlueStacks, and then you can run Android apps inside that emulator. Might work wonky with accessing your GPS, though, not sure (since it's an emulator, it might have trouble reading sensors and hardware that's native to the desktop OS).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what the operating system currently is. If it's Windows, you can run Memu on it. (That emulates Android. Not perfectly - and in your case, you probably don't have GPS or cell tower location, so you wouldn't get any more than just going to Google Maps in a web browser.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy Book is a Windows 10 tablet, and Google hasn't released an official Google Maps app for Windows. There are however a few alternatives. You can use the preinstalled Maps app, which uses Bing Maps (just open Cortana/Search and type "Maps" or the same term in your language, or scroll through the Start menu). If you want to use Google's maps, search the Microsoft Store for "google maps" and there should be a few unofficial third-party apps. I didn't use any of them, so I'm not sure how well they work. As another solution, you can simply open Google Maps in your browser and pin the webpage to the Start menu or taskbar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21