How can i make sd card my default storage on my moto e4?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When i change the location of my apps, photos, music, videos, documents or any download from the internal storage of my Moto E4 to the sd card the files cannot open. Even when i shift them back they dont work. But they are shown in the folder. How can i overcome this problem. I want to make sd card my default storage. How it can be?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Apps can not be installed on the SD card by default (nor is it recommended to move them to the SD card for several reasons), and many apps don't allow you to change the storage location. Those that can change their storage location have to be changed on a per app basis. There is no global "default to sd card" setting, and you'll have to sort it out manually.

As for the issue of not being able to open files that are on your card, even if moved back to internal storage, it's possible the card is corrupting the files.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
On my Sony XA Ultra I have moved all my newly installed apps with data to the current SD.
This phone has 16gb internal storage so all moveable apps on SD help a lot as far as saving space. Phone is running smoothly with absolutely no glitching as of right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo