Hi,

I have a Samsung S7 Edge - almost a year old and started to get overheated while using in India. Still in India, googled for overheating. Read that Vol Down+Power+Home buttons to shut it off, so background apps will close immediately.

Did that and mobile ended up with ODIN Mode! Not Sure if I have backed up!!

Got the last video my mum has taken for us before she passed away!

Need help on how long is this ODIN Mode gonna be there and will I lose data? Also on how to control its overheating as I have to make calls on 4G alone when i n India as there is no VoLTE in this phone which is needed for in India!

Help please!!!
    02-20-2018 06:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Download (Odin) Mode is used for transferring a firmware file from your computer to your phone via USB, and the button combination you mentioned is how you boot into that mode. As long as you're not doing this, it's safe to force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds.

Overheating can be due to a number of things, like poor cell signal, a CPU-intensive app or process running (either in the foreground or background, and often inappropriately), or a failing battery. The first thing I'd try is a cache partition wipe: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28028. If that doesn't help, then see if the problem persists in Safe Mode, which can tell you if the problem is due to 3rd party app you installed: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008

If the problem still happens, then see how your cell signal strength is -- poor signal is notorious for causing overheating and draining battery. GSam Battery Monitor can give you more details about your cell signal strength over time.
    02-20-2018 03:26 PM