Unable to block some smart watch notification s

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Huawei 2 and a S 6Edge, both updated and running smoothly but I am unable to block YouTube or Netflix notifications on the watch. These drain my watch battery. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling wear app, clearing all caches and un-pairing and re-pairing watch and phone. I have also searched Google for a fix to no avail.
Any suggestions, please?
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open the Android Wear app, then tap the gear icon. Did you already try adding YouTube or Netflix to the Block App Notifications list?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How about rebooting the watch? Or even factory resetting the watch? It doesn't take that long to reset and then set an Android Wear watch back up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. When you talk about the notifications, do you mean the pause/play controls that appear while you're watching something, or standard notifications, like for a newly posted video in a YouTube channel you subscribe to?

Jenny Eldershaw

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I mean the controls as you describe. Notifications like new videos etc. I've stopped from the start when I set preferences years ago!
It's a mystery. As we're snowed in here in central England and I got bored I reset the watch again. No change! So, I'll learn to live with it and recharge the watch more often!
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's odd that those controls would drain your battery. Is it because they keep the watch display on as long as the videos are playing, and it's the display that's draining battery?

If the controls appear on your watch, what happens if you just swipe down to get rid of them, and show the watchface again? This is the behavior I see with Google Play Music, for example. If I start playing something on Google Play Music on my phone while it's connected to my car stereo, the Play Music controls appear on my watch automatically. But if I swipe them down, they stay hidden.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer