Password reset and phone log in

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi! Yesterday i lost my phone on a public bus, so when i went home i logged into my Samsung account on my computer to go to find my mobile, and i was tracking it. But a few hours after, i tried to log in again and it told me my password was wrong. So i tried every other password i could think of until it told me that i had to reset my password. I went to the reset page, but it says that resetting the password will log me out of my devices. If that happens, then i'm not sure how ill track my phone. Any suggestions for either password or for he find my phone? thanks. Ps, I have a galaxy s6

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Whoever "found" your phone logged into your Google account and changed the password. You can try Google Account Recovery to get your password back. Then lock the account so the password can't be changed. Contact Google for information on how to do that unless you can verify a number they text you (to another phone number, of course).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were you told you had to reset your Google password or your Samsung password? I'm not sure how a thief could change your Google password, even if your phone had no screen lock set, because when you go to change your Google password, it will ask for your current password first. So unless you had your Google password taped to your phone on a piece of paper, or in an obvious memo app, it'd be pretty hard for them to change your password.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20