Why is the APN option missing from my Mobile Networks menu

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just noticed my new Note 4 SM-N910V running Android 5.1.1 that I just rooted is missing the APN option that is supposed to be listed under the Mobile Networks menu. I mean, it is completely gone from the list. This makes no sense to me how this is even possible. My wife has the same exact model Note 4, and it is there on hers. As are many others, so I'm confused why mine is missing. The worst part is now I can't update my APN for Straight Talk or even any other provider. So no data or MMS for me!

I only have the following under More Networks\Mobile networks:
Mobile Data
Data Roaming
Network Mode
System Select

For those that think I'm crazy or am just overlooking it, I have uploaded pics. Well, scratch that, I didn't see a way to upload attachments here.

I'm in the process of transferring my number over from my old phone to this Note 4 via Straight Talk. I had Straight Talk on my old Galaxy S4 AT&T and I'm just switching my number to this Note 4 Verizon. Of course, I can't use the same sim card from my AT&T phone, so I used the sim card from my wife's Note 4 Verizon, since she broke it and therefore doesn't use it anymore (she switched back to her old phone). Straight Talk transferred my number to the Verizon sim card successfully, but now they're claiming that is why I can't change my APN. I'm sorry, but I just don't think that is completely true, because it still doesn't explain why the APN is missing entirely from the Mobile Networks menu. Usually you can still click on the APN, but then be locked from making any changes to it.

I hope somebody more knowledgeable than myself or even Straight Talk can weigh in here with some advice or suggestions.

Ccrelia85

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
Did you fix this? I am having the same problem with my total wireless galaxy s6. No sign of any apn settings. They are not visible anywhere since I reactivated my service

Ali G5

Dec 7, 2018
Visit site
:D I figured it out (well kind of). And this may not all be the same, but if you go to settings, connections, mobile networks, there is the Network Operators and choose manual instead of automatic, it will pop up. You may have to back out of it all and do it all again, but once you get to the Mobile networks and hit it, it should be there. Mine popped in and out every time I did something, so after a few tries that's what I came up with. Of course, automatic actually found the best APN settings for me. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay