I have been referred to this thread from another one. My actual complaint and the downgrade I found in new Samsung phones is in per text notification tone in conversation panel.

I think this was a very handy feature to have while one is texting with a person to know when their next text is received instead of having eyes fixed on the screen and keep checking to see if the next text has arrived. And if the text is missed before the screen goes black, you can never know if you had it or not until you turn on the phone again and go to that conversation.

I have been looking for an app to fix this issue and add the feature to the default Samsung message rather than adding another SMS app that works on its own. I tried textra and Android message apps, but I found them working on their own and if you uninstall them you lose all your chat history, so I would like to find an app that just simply adds a per text notification tone to each text received while still in conversation panel.
    06-12-2018 12:24 PM
    I have been looking for an app to fix this issue and add the feature to the default Samsung message rather than adding another SMS app that works on its own.
    Without some skill, this will be difficult. You'll need to root your device, decompile the app, add the feature in and then replace it on the device (which is why you'll need to root the device).
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    06-12-2018 04:38 PM
    Not happy with the removal of the message tones! 😤 The specific tones tell me who's texting me without having to pick up my phone. Also not very comfortable with using a third party app for messages 😶
    I COMPLETELY AGREE. That was very useful option to have for the same reasons you stated. I find this new update was more cosmetic than anything, changing things around and having to dig and find them again but the removal of assigning a specific tone for text messages that told you who it was without having to look is inexcusable. You can still have assigned ringtones for incoming calls but the text tone is now just the one sound. Makes no damn sense.
    I also noticed that now when watching youtube my phone is now constantly buffering.
    06-13-2018 04:48 AM
    My S7 just upgraded to echo this morning and I have spent most of the day messing with my phone... I AM able to assign contact specific ringtones to my contacts it's few extra steps .. contacts edit ringtone add then it ask's about where they are getting the tone I just guessed sound picker and it made me pick the tone again from a list but it seems to work as it should idk if this will help you with S8's maybe
    06-15-2018 06:58 PM
    @KatGV, that's the ringtone for phone calls. This discussion is regarding text notifications.
    06-15-2018 07:53 PM
    Without some skill, this will be difficult. You'll need to root your device, decompile the app, add the feature in and then replace it on the device (which is why you'll need to root the device).
    I agree with !? Hallux here : This sound like -android question-
    if exist or not an app like that..PS come forward 'n stay Tuned!
    06-15-2018 08:39 PM
    Read and rejoice.

https://www.androidauthority.com/sam...m_medium=gplus
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    06-16-2018 11:27 AM
57 123