Create microsd folder shortcut in internal storage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a LG G6 and I've installed some apps that look for some data in internal storage (commonly in a folder inside the root folder). I want to create a "shortcut" in internal storage with the same name that the folder must have and linking it to the physical path where the data is stored in the external microsd. I don't want use adaptive storage. In general my problem is: how can an app access to data in microsd when it looks for it in internal storage?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You will almost certainly need root to do this. You're looking to create a symbolic link to make the OS THINK that data resides on the internal storage when, in fact, it's on the MicroSD. You're not going to have the needed access to the storage location unless you have root, nor will you have the command line needed unless it can be done through ADB on a computer.

Maybe you could make an enhancement suggestion to the developer to offer the SD as an option through the app settings to store the data on the SD, with the option to move existing data to that external location.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.