Hello everyone, I 'm working on a project and I supposed to make an app where it has a background service which lasts for ever ! , I made everything and when I stop the service itself it starts again, but my problem is when I kill the app the service also dies !!

I've tried a looooot of solutions but nothing works here's a sample project the I've tried, but it failed.

[Deletion]

Pleaseeeeeeeee anyone can help
    03-30-2018 04:36 AM
    2 things

This may be better in our app developer section

To post in that section you'll need to register. Not to mention - downloading a random file from a random person that couldn't bother to register to post on a forum (or a brand new member rather than a trusted long-timer) is not high on my priority list.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    belodion likes this.
    03-30-2018 07:02 AM
    I've deleted the link referred to above by @hallux.
    Registering as a member is indeed the next step. If you do that I'll move the thread to the Developers Lounge forum. Yes?
    03-30-2018 08:00 AM
    If you want to show us code, don't post the code, post a link to a code paste site like pastebin and post the code there.

As for your immediate problem, any killed app stops running all its processes - that's the idea of killing it. Turning the device off will also stop it. Maybe rethink what you're trying to do?
    03-30-2018 01:29 PM