I woke up at about 2:00 AM and remembered that I had a picture in my Gallery I wanted to delete and decided that I should delete it before I go back to sleep. First I went to Instagram to check it and it crashed. Then I went to Gallery and that crashed. I kept getting messages that those apps were crashing and then more apps started crashing (Apps I didn't even open and some things running in the background I've never even heard of.) Google Play was crashing, and some other things. I tried resetting my phone and it said "Reset manager crashed" And it wouldn't let me reset my phone so I had to take out my battery to reset. Everything is running smoothly now, and nothing crashed. How did that happen? What was going on? Do I have a virus? Somebody has hacked me? I don't even know. I have an LG Aristo and had it since June of 2017.
    04-06-2018 02:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Removing the battery only would have rebooted the phone, not reset it (a factory data reset wipes the phone completely). It's likely that some app you installed was causing the system to become unstable. I doubt it's a virus. If it happens again, you may have to try uninstalling apps one by one, starting with the ones you most recently installed.
    04-06-2018 12:28 PM