How do I undo an preinstalled app update on my samsung phone?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Actually I updated my you tube app and now can't find my downloaded videos. How should I undo the update?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps, select YouTube, and tap Uninstall -- that will only uninstall updates, and revert it to the factory installed version.

When you say you can't find the downloaded videos, do you mean that you don't know which folder they go to, or that you can find no evidence at all that they've been downloaded (i.e., you're unable to play them when wi-fi and mobile data are off)?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Preinstalled apps from Samsung or the regular YouTube app?
Either way, I don't think you can. Unless you try to uninstall the app and it gives you the option to revert to a previous install.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't download YouTube videos without violating their terms of service anyway. They're to watch, not to download - downloading them constitutes a copyright violation (a crime) as well as violating their TOS (an actionable tort - meaning not only can they block you from further use of YouTube, they can sue you, like the woman who got sued because her daughter downloaded music [she didn't even do anything wrong, but she was legally responsible for the actions of her minor daughter]).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non